Survivors of abuse and their children often have to part with personal belongings and the necessary household items to start over. To address these losses and help families reestablish their homes, we graciously request these much-needed items to help bring back a sense of normalcy.
Some ideas include nonperishable food, full-size toiletries, and "Welcome Baskets" for our shelter.
Fearless! does not accept donations of gently-used clothing. We have an extremely limited amount of storage space. To help us manage these offers and use them more efficiently, we recommend donating to local thrift shops that use the funds raised to benefit their community, or whom are able to assist clients of Fearless! by referral.
- The Newburgh Ministry Thrift Store in Newburgh 845-561-0070
- The Hope Chest Thrift Boutique in Pine Island/Warwick which is home to a FREE clothing bank called "The Clothing Closet". More information can be found on their website.
- Red Door Thrift Shop in Goshen 845-294-5521
- Country Store Thrift Shop in Washingtonville 845-496-8015
- Bloomingdeals in New Windsor, which benefits the Hudson Valley SPCA 845-561-3180
Fearless! does not have the ability to pick up, nor store, furniture donations at this time. We are only able to accept gently-used furniture when there is an immediate need and the donor is able to deliver. Other arrangements are sometimes possible with Bloomingdeals of New Windsor, or you may consider Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh's ReStore or your local Salvation Army.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your offer of furniture and include include the following information:
- Clear photos of each item
- In respect to those with allergies, please tell us whether or not the furniture is from a smoke-free, pet-free home.
- If you are able to deliver, what is the radius (we work with clients in both Orange and Sullivan Counties).
- Let us know if there is a time frame in which you need to move the furniture. Please note that, due to the complex safety concerns and confidentiality surrounding the work that we do, in most cases we will not be able to coordinate a furniture donation with less than 48 hours notice.
FOOD DONATIONS & FOOD DRIVES
We accept donations of assorted unexpired non-perishable foods year-round. Please note that we are unable to accept private donations of expired food. When planning a food drive, encourage your donors to think in terms of a day’s meals and the traditional food pyramid. Below is our list of most helpful non-perishable food items:
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Rice or Pasta meal mixes (items similar to: Rice-A-Roni, Pasta Roni, Hamburger Helper, etc.)
- Canned vegetables, beans and fruit
- All-purpose flour, sugars, artificial sweeteners
- Cornmeal, maseca, or masa harina
- Seasonings and Spices, adobo, sazón, chicken/beef/ham bouillon
- Mashed potato mix, canned potatoes
- Nut butters, jelly/jam
- Canned/boxed soups & stews
- Canned tuna & chicken, Vienna Sausages
- Basic condiments, such as ketchup, mustard, hot sauce, BBQ sauce, and mayonnaise
- Manzanilla or Spanish olives (please no black olives)
- Shelf-Stable microwavable meals
- Breakfast cereals (low sugar) & oatmeal
- Coffee (ground)
- Pancake mix & syrup
- Fruit & pudding cups
- Granola bars, snack crackers, and other individually-wrapped snacks
- 100% Juice boxes or pouches
- Shelf-stable milk
- Cake & muffin mixes, cake frosting, gelatin, pudding mix
ALL FOOD DONATIONS MUST BE WITHIN THEIR EXPIRATION DATE. While the item may still be safe to eat, we are unfortunately unable to accept any type of private food donation that is past its expiration date.
Fearless! is a member agency of the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley. Help your dollars stretch further by donating directly to our food budget via the Food Bank's "Adopt-A-Program". Learn more by visiting the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley's website at the link above.
Survivors and their children often have to part with personal belongings and the necessary household items with which to start over. To address these losses and help families reestablish their homes, we accept donations of new and gently-used goods as needed, and according to our storage availability. Please contact our administrative office first before dropping off your donation to confirm our current needs and storage space by calling 845-562-5365 Option 5.
New or Gently-Used:
- Kitchenware: pots & pans, utensils & silverware, dishes & glasses, clean small appliances in good working order, measuring cups & spoons, storage containers, etc.
- Dish towels, dish strainer or drying mats
- Laundry baskets or pop-up hampers
- Lamps (with lampshade)
- Please no "knick knacks", single-use gadgets, or decor items
New and Unused Only:
- Bath Towels, Washcloths
- Twin or Full-size sheet sets, blankets & comforters (please no Queen or King size)
- Bed pillows
- Shower curtains and bath mats
- Laundry supplies (laundry bags, laundry detergent, spot treatment, bleach, dryer sheets, etc)
- Cleaning tools (brooms & dustpans, mops, buckets, sponges, dish brush or scrubbers, etc.)
- Trash cans & trash bags
- Paper products (napkins, tissues, paper towels, toilet paper)
- Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, storage bags
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Full-Size Toiletries (please, no travel or "hotel" size); cotton balls, "q-tips"
- Diverse hair care products (conditioners, gels, anti-breakage treatments, etc.)
- Hairbrushes & Combs (bristle hairbrushes, synthetic or detangler style brushes, wide-tooth combs)
- Hair accessories (hair ties, bobby pins, clips, head wraps)
- Underwear and socks for adults and children
- Baby diapers (sizes 3-4-5-6), pull-up diapers, baby wipes, diaper rash cream
- UNEXPIRED Baby formula, jarred baby food, baby cereal (rice, oatmeal)
New only, in both Adult and Children's sizes:
- Socks and Underwear
- Sweatpants, Lounge Pants, or Leggings
- T-Shirts, Sweatshirts
- Pajamas, Bathrobes
- Slippers, Flip-Flops
Fearless! offers year-round opportunities to make a difference at the local level and to engage with your own community. You can spread and build on that sense of solidarity by joining with others—co-workers, circle of friends and family, auxiliary, church community—to brighten the day of Fearless! adults and children around the holidays or any time of year. For creative types, you can also help boost our fundraising events with the donation of a theme basket for silent auction.
How to stay connected year-round...
- Host a food or supplies drive with your scout troop, auxiliary, after-school club, sports team, circle of friends... Collect toiletries, non-perishable food, or other items from our wish list (see download link at top of page).
- Create cozy bed kits for our Shelter with one new pillow, one new set of standard twin sheets, and one new blanket. When the individual or family transitions out of our shelter, they are able to take these items with them.
- Consider supporting an individual or family by gifting them clean laundry: tie a roll of quarters to a container of laundry soap.
- “Party with a Purpose” Have a birthday or other special event coming up? Consider a charitable donation in lieu of gifts.
- Prepare Easter baskets for children.
- Donate summer fun items for kids: sidewalk chalk, arts & crafts, bubbles, sports items or other outdoor play items.
- Contribute to our annual Back-to-School drive in August: collect backpacks, school supplies, and gift cards for back-to-school clothes & shoes.
OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH:
- Donate a gift basket or silent auction item to our Annual Celebration of Hope Gala. Sponsorships and Screen Ads also available. For details, contact our Business Office at (845) 562-5365 x101 or x124. To purchase tickets, please visit: fearlesshv.org/gala
- Support everyday heroes at our Annual "We Can Be Heroes" 5K & Kids Fun Run.
- Attend a workshop, film screening, or Clothesline Project event and share what you learn with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Donate non-perishable food items or gift cards to local grocery stores and help families purchase food for their Thanksgiving table.
- Sponsor a holiday toy drive, a holiday gift drive for teens, pajama/bathrobe/socks drive, or gift card drive at your school, business, or community organization.
- Participate in our Holiday Adopt-A-Family Program and adopt the wish lists of children whose families are receiving Fearless! services. For more information or to register to adopt a family, please visit: fearlesshv.org/holidays