Our Sexual Assault Services Program for Sullivan County
Fearless! is here to support anyone suffering the physical, emotional, and medical impacts of rape and other sexual trauma in Sullivan County. We provide crisis intervention 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by trained staff and volunteers who provide understanding and confidentiality to all callers.
Services for Children, Teens, Women, and Men
- 24-hour Hotline 845-562-5340
- Crisis Intervention
- Specialized Trauma Therapies
- Safety Planning
- Support and Therapy Groups
- Certified Rape Crisis Advocates in Hospital Emergency Rooms
- Accompaniment and Advocacy throughout the criminal justice process, from initial police report through court process and all follow-up support and services if you choose to press charges
- Victim Impact Statement and VINE registration (in the event of a successful prosecution)
- Assistance obtaining Orders of Protection and accessing shelter
- Community awareness, outreach, and prevention activities/presentations.
- Assistance completing OVS (NYS Office for Victim Services) applications for Victim Compensation and Emergency OVS awards (for HIV prophylactic medications
- Referrals to specialized legal assistance through partner agencies for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence and undocumented crime victims
If you or someone you know has been raped and/or sexually assaulted:
- Call the hotline at (845) 562-5340 or
- Go to the Emergency Room of your local hospital or
- Call the Police
- You are not alone
- You should be examined and receive medical treatment as soon as possible
- DO NOT eat, drink, shower, brush your teeth, or change your clothes until you have been examined
- GET HELP quickly
We are available 24 hours a day to provide you with information and assistance (845) 562-5340
Rape Intervention Services and Education (RISE) of Sullivan County was founded in 1987, to provide various services to victims of sexual abuse and to offer prevention education.
Garnet Health Medical Center, recognized how vital the RISE Program was for the community and stepped in to offer a home when the program faced possible closure.
On April 1, 2021, the RISE program transitioned to Fearless! and continues its longtime partnership and collaboration with Garnet Health Medical Center, supporting anyone suffering the physical, emotional, and medical impacts of rape and other sexual trauma. Our Sexual Assault Services Program continues to reside in office space within the hospital, serving Sullivan County Residents.
Check out our latest mailing HERE with all the information you need to know about this exciting transition!